General Terms and Conditions Escape House Leuven
– The minimum age is 14 years. Players under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
– Please bear in mind that sometimes (very) narrow passages and small spaces can be part of the Escaperoom.
– The game in an escaperoom is not recommended for people with a pacemaker and epilepsy.
– Every game starts with a short explanation. Therefore we ask each group to be present 15 minutes before the start time. The time mentioned in the mail is the start time, so please be present 15 minutes before this time.
– Each group has a maximum of 61 minutes to find the exit. If the group has not found the exit after 61 minutes, the game is unfortunately over. Extension is not possible.
– Participants who are clearly under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will not be admitted to the Escape House.
Liability of Escape House Leuven
– Participation is entirely at your own risk.
– Escape House is not liable for damage or loss of goods brought by a client. Escape House is never liable for any damage whatsoever suffered by the client and/or third parties.
Liability of customer
The client shall be liable for all damage caused to Escape House and/or any third party as a direct or indirect result of breach of contract (attributable shortcoming) and/or tort, including breach of the house rules, committed by the client and/or those accompanying him, as well as for all damage caused by any animal and/or any substance and/or any item in their possession or under their supervision.
Booking and cancellation conditions
– Reservations are only possible via our online reservation system, via e-mail, social media channels and by phone.
– You will immediately receive a confirmation email after booking. If you have not received it, it is possible that it has ended up in the spam filter. If not, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Without confirmation there is no reservation.
– A visit to Escape House has to be paid cash on the spot.
– Cancellations up to 48 hours before the reserved time are free of charge. Reservations paid online will not be refunded in the event of a cancellation. To cancel please contact us by phone. The cancellation will always be confirmed by email. In case of cancellation within 48 hours before the reserved time, Escape House is obliged to charge the full reserved amount + €25 administration costs.
– If the client has not arrived within half an hour after the reserved time, Escape House may consider the reservation as cancelled. In this case Escape House is obliged to charge the full amount per reserved time + €25 administration fee.
– Escape House is entitled, after consultation with the local authority, to cancel the reservation due to well-founded fear of disturbance to public order. If Escape House makes use of this right, Escape House shall not be liable to pay any compensation. No further claim can be made on the (purchase) payment already made.
– Offers issued by Escape House are valid up to 14 days after date, unless otherwise agreed and based on availability.
– All offers made by Escape House regarding the realization of a reservation are without obligation and based on availability. If Escape House invokes this reservation within a reasonable period of time after acceptance by the customer, Escape House will initially always offer an alternative. If the client does not accept the alternative offer, the intended reservation shall be deemed not to have been made.
Our invoices are payable within 7 calendar days of the invoice date. Payments after this period are subject to an interest rate of 10% and – by operation of law and without notice of default – a fixed compensation of 10% on the outstanding invoice amount (with a minimum of € 25).
By placing any order you accept our general invoice conditions.
In the event of disputes by the customer, only the justice of the peace court of the canton or the courts of the district to which our registered office belongs are authorised to intervene (unless the law prescribes otherwise).
In the event of proceedings initiated by us, the court of the defendant’s domicile or the court of the place where the contract was signed or the court of the place where the delivery took place shall have jurisdiction at our discretion.
If you, as a customer, cancel our agreement within 48 hours, or if the agreement cannot continue due to your fault, we reserve the right to charge you the full amount reserved + €25 administration costs.
General obligations of Escape House Leuven
Escape House shall, without prejudice to the provisions of the following points, be obliged with respect to the reservation to provide the agreed services at the agreed times in the manner customary within Escape House. This obligation shall not apply in the following cases:
* in case of force majeure on the part of Escape House;
* if the customer does not show up or shows up more than half an hour late;
* if the client in any other way does not fully meet all his obligations of whatever nature towards Escape House.
– Escape House must hang or affix or lay down the house rules in a clearly visible place for the client’s information. The client is obliged to observe the house rules.